Friday, March 23

#Day 16


Friday 16th March
We left Wynyard around 10 drove to the Boat Harbour for some
coffee and see the beautiful serenic view. A bit of excitement for yours truly,
the toilet block was all automated, but there happened to be a power shortage
and I happened to choose a toilet which
would not let me out. So here I am stuck in a small room, no lights, all
enclosed the rest of the family sitting at the beach taking photos screaming
for help. Thankfully before I could get to hysterical a couple heard me, and a
man managed to run his full weight against the door to open in. Well I was very
thankful to them, and also slightly frazzled as I headed back to the family
with none of them realizing, yet they did feel slightly guilty, and did promise
me that they would have eventually came looking for me. We then headed to
Sisters Beach, for more photo opportunities and a picnic lunch.
After that we headed to Stanley, and were very impressed by
the view on the way up, the Stanley Nut. WOW, what a big ‘mountain’ on the edge
of land. Our stay for the night was right under it too. After unpacking the
car, and relaxing for a while, Dad, Des, Chris, Alex, Sophie + myself headed to
the chairlift. It takes you up and over the nut to look at the view from the
top. A little to thrilling for myself, so I sat with dad + Sophie while we
watched the boys brave the wind and head up.
Their faces when they came down, and the video to prove it, it must have
been a little scary, I am glad I didn’t have a go. We then had nice easy
dinner, us ladies did some washing and had an otherwise easy night.

No comments:

Post a Comment