Sunday, August 12

heffalumps + woozles

10 week countdown has begun. Yay!

We had a doctors appointment thursday afternoon, everything is going fantastic. Doctor was happy with the progress of myself and bubs. I do however have to keep taking pregnancy supplements as my iron is on the low side, and i need the magnesium as well to counteract the fun shin cramping i get.  

And since its fun to do, and you really cant help it there has been a lot of comparing between the pregnancy's. Just to list a few:
  • I weigh exactly the same at 30 weeks with sophie and this pregnancy.
  • Sophie laid higher , often hanging out with my ribs and she was in a oblique anterior position. (meaning laying across) and she didnt rotate till around 36 weeks. This baby is already laying with its head down and bum near my ribs. Although at the last scan, he/she had its head resting on its shoulder, like it was checking to see who was there. The doctor thought it was hilarious.
  • Its also fun to compare baby bumps. Im not really noticing much difference on the photos.
- Also its funny how you give the baby nicknames. Sophie was alien due to one of her facial ultrasound photos.This baby was for awhile called 'the new baby' but since im starting to feel a lot like a heffalump these days, the baby's been renamed 'woozle'. Quite fitting really.


As always, we are thankful to our heavenly father for giving us this wonderful blessing, for also being with me during this pregnancy.

Now the fun part starts.. counting down the weeks, booking into the hospital, setting up the nursery, nesting, choosing a name... ideas always welcome! :) Sophie's name wasnt chosen until about 2 weeks before she was born , and we were still undecided on the boys name. So i hope we can be a bit more prepared this time?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kylie, glad to hear you are doing so well (and looking so great!!) i also had LOTS to trouble with iron. First pregnancy I ended up with infusion but 2nd time, someone put me onto a herbal liquid called Floravit / Floravital and it was the best thing ever. Within 2 days I was feeling amazing again (I had to double the regular dose mind you) but if you are struggling I really suggest giving that a go!! :-) nothing worse then feeling tired, pregnant and then to run around after a toddler!! As for names... my mind drawing blanks. We knew what we were having and it still didn't make it any easier deciding!! :-) All the best. Take Care!

    ReplyDelete